Job Description: Director of Development
The Director of Development shall be focused on securing donations and sponsorships to support the Flower City Arts Center.
Knowledge of best practices in fundraising. Broad range of knowledge of local Rochester community philanthropic community desired.
Strategy and leadership:
Revenue generation, analyses and relationships:
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, design a multi-year development strategy with clear objectives and timelines.
- Lead the planning and execution efforts for all contributed revenue activities.
- Engage with the board of directors and individual members to leverage their support and networks for revenue generation.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of best practices in the cultural and nonprofit sectors as well as the field of philanthropy.
- Spearhead fundraising programs and activities including efforts in donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition, stewardship and retention.
- Develop and own the annual budget for contributed revenue to meet the strategic needs of FCAC, its programs and initiatives.
- Strengthen our existing corporate partnership program, including an annual menu of sponsorship opportunities and benefits.
- Evaluate and analyze effectiveness of fundraising strategies for growing institutional funder support.
- Conduct regular meetings to build and maintain relationships with major gift donors and prospects for annual and planned giving.
- Collaborate with the Development Committee to plan and execute special events to generate revenue, build relationships, raise awareness and make a case for support.
- Collaborate with Communications and Membership
- Coordinator to develop stories that convey the positive impact of our work to inspire more giving.
- Lead data evaluation efforts to create accurate fundraising projections.
- Develop and maintain gift processing, donor relations and prospect management policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy and quality of information and stewardship practices.
- Oversee and lead efforts to leverage donor management software to ensure donor and prospect records are well maintained, confidential and accurate.
- Attend internal and external events to network and build FCAC brand with potential donors and community members.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree with CFRE certification or working toward this certification preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years of development experience with a proven track record in actively securing gifts and sponsorships from individuals and corporations. Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Excellent computer skills and fluency and familiarity working with donor databases.
Full time based on 35hrs/week. Evenings and weekends as needed
Commensurate with experience.
Benefits include vacation, sick days, and free classes at the center (space available). Single health care coverage provide, coverage for additional persons would be available through our provider at our employer rate less the single rate.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to Cheryl McKeiver at email@example.com