OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION PDF
Job Description: Director of Development/Grant Writer
Job Description Overview:
This position serves a full range of fund development activities for the Flower City Arts Center. Specifically, the Director is responsible for coordinating and implanting the organization’s annual event and several capital campaign efforts. Additionally, activities include grant writing and reporting with public agencies, private foundations and corporations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, design a multi-year development strategy with clear objectives and timeline.
- Develop and own the annual budget for contributed revenue to meet the strategic needs of FCAC, its programs and initiatives.
- Strengthen our existing corporate partnership program, including an annual menu of sponsorship opportunities and benefits.
- Collaborate with Communications and Membership Coordinators to develop stories that convey the positive impact of FCAC to inspire donor relationships.
- Spearhead fundraising programs and activities including efforts in donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, recognition, stewardship, and retention.
- Evaluate and analyze effectiveness of fundraising strategies for growing institutional funder support.
- Conduct regular meetings to build and maintain relationships with major gift donors and prospect for annual and planned giving.
- Oversee and lead efforts to leverage donor management software to ensure donor and prospect records are well maintained, confidential, and accurate.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required preparing, submitting, and managing grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies
- Strong contributor in team environments
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with CFRE certification or working toward this certification preferred. Minimum of 3-5 years of development and grant writing experience with a proven track record in actively securing gifts and sponsorships from individuals and corporations. Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills. Excellent computer skills with fluency and familiarity working with donor databases.
Full time based on 40 hrs/week. Evenings and weekends as needed.
Commensurate with experience.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to Cheryl McKeiver at firstname.lastname@example.org