Studio 678 Photography Teachers
The Photography & Digital Arts Department of Flower City Arts Center, 713 Monroe Ave., is in need of photography teachers for our Summer 2021 session of Studio 687: Photography & Writing program.
- Empower youth to express their vision and voice
- Enable youth to build life skills
- Encourage youth to connect with the community, through field trips
- Enhance knowledge of school subjects, through practical application
- Energize youth to work together in groups
- Establish mentoring relationships
Our students are 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students who attend a school in the Rochester City School District . You will be working with the same group of 5 students throughout the program.
Teachers meet for 20 teaching sessions, July 5th - July 30th. Attendance is also required for training sessions before the beginning of the program, along with the program’s culminating Awards Ceremony, Book Release, and Exhibition Reception dates TBD.
Lead teachers MUST
- Know how to use a 35mm film camera and how to make black and white prints in the darkroom.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs including Photoshop, and InDesign
- Have some prior experience working with youth and be willing to establish mentoring relationships.
- Commit to ALL meetings and be consistently available via phone and email.
- Not be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Other helpful skills include studio lighting, matting & framing, creative writing (poets are involved in our program and will assist), and basic knowledge of scanning. We do not expect every teacher to be expert in ALL areas and can provide training/assistance as needed.
Teachers are paid as independent contractors on a bi-weekly schedule at $22/hour for 4 hours a day. Be aware that you may need to devote additional hours per week planning field trips and activities, editing student pictures, and contacting families/following up with students.
If you are interested, email a cover letter and resume immediately to Liz Webster at email@example.com