Our facilities are available for the established artist to the dabbler. Current students may access studio hours as part of their class. Members of Flower City Arts Center may rent studio hours at varying rates depending on program area. Members must be at the Individual level or above to access our facilities.
COVID-19 BUILDING UPDATES AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
In light of the recent developments with our Governor lifting the restrictions in our area via Orange and Yellow zones on Wednesday, January 27:
Walk-in ceramics studio hourly rentals will now be open to 10 per day, max.
FCAC will continue with contact tracing, providing temperature checks, sign-in/sign-out procedures, mandatory mask wearing, 6ft distancing, and hand sanitizing. Class sizes will remain the same (50% capacity or less) to allow for proper social distancing. All operations outside of the above modification should remain the same.
We must remain vigilant in being mindful of our health and the health of all who enter our doors. We remain cognizant of our challenges and recognize the difficulties that we all face. Please be patient as we will get through this together, healthy and safe.
We are currently OPEN for limited in-person activities. When you come into the Center:
1) You must not enter the building, or must leave immediately:
a) if you have any COVID-19 symptoms (i.e., fever, sore throat, dry cough, difficult breathing,
shortness of breath, headache, tiredness, muscle aches, loss of taste or smell, conjunctivitis,
vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea), or
b) if you have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID or who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms, or
c) if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, or
d) if you have traveled to one of the states or countries designated as requiring mandatory quarantine by New York State.
2) You must wear a face covering at all times or you will be denied entry and asked to leave.
3) You must use the "Sign In/ Sign Out" sheets located at the entrances, indicating where you are going, your time of entry/exit, and your telephone and email contact information. If we become aware that someone who was in the Center tests positive for COVID-19, we need your contact information to let you know if you were in the building at the same time.
4) You must follow all directional signs and practice social distancing while inside the Center.
5) You may not eat in any studio, gallery, classroom, or work space. Please eat outside.
6) You must practice all CDC recommended hygiene procedures. We take your health and safety - and the health and safety of our staff, instructors, artists, studio artists, and visitors - very seriously.
Studio artists with keyed access are required to wear face coverings, to practice safe distancing, and to follow our hygiene and cleaning postings.
If you have any questions about these requirements or your ability to meet them, please contact the individual department directors. For our list of email addresses, please visit our About page.
If you need further assistance, please call 585-244-1730.
Members must be at the Individual level or above to access our facilities. Once you are authorized to use the facilities you may reserve time online in Photography & Digital Arts and Printmaking & Book Arts: photo.flowercityarts.org/reservations