Open to all U.S. residents at least 18 years of age working in photography.
$35 for entry of up to 3 images. Entry fees are non-refundable regardless of acceptance into the exhibition.
Best of Show receives $500.
ABOUT THE JUROR
Stephanie Mercedes is a Argentinian/American performance artist who graduated from Smith College with a degree in Latin American Politics and Studio Art. Mercedes has performed and exhibited in Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Switzerland and the US.
How can images not only document political events but themselves be political acts? Question politics around them? React, subvert politics? Imagine a better world so it can be executed? Historically, artists reflect their contemporary moment. This exhibition will push photographs further. Artworks that are photography in its expanded form or documented in photography will be accepted.
Entry Deadline EXTENDED: Friday, September 27, 2019
Email Notification: Week of October 1, 2019
Delivery of Accepted Work: October 21-24, 2019
Exhibition Dates: November 8-December 14, 2019
Opening Reception: Friday, November 8, 2019 from 6pm–9pm
- Submissions must be “ready to hang” - example: wire already installed on frames.
- All work must be available for sale.
- Installations are not accepted.
- Work will not be accepted if delivered by freight. (UPS, Fed Ex, or USPS only).
- Submissions are accepted online via Submittable. (click Submit button below)
- Download PDF of prospectus for your reference. PDF >>
- Your payment will serve as your acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in this prospectus.
Participants are responsible for all shipping and insurance expenses to and from the gallery. Work must be sent in a substantial, reusable packing crate or box. Hand delivered work will also be accepted. Any artwork without pre-paid return that is not picked up after 14 days of the close of the show becomes the property of Flower City Arts Center.
Megan Charland, Director of Photography & Digital Arts